Evans new president at FNC
FNC Inc. has appointed Glen Evans as president. His appointment was effective Sept. 1, 2009. The former FTN Financial SVP brings to the company more than 25 years experience in banking and finance. Evans will report directly to FNC CEO and co-founder Bill Rayburn and lead the fast-growth technology company as it expands its solutions for the origination, servicing, and secondary mortgage markets.
A Grenada native, Evans graduated from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and an emphasis in banking and finance. After college, he joined the Nashville bureau of the OCC, working as a bank regulator during the tumultuous oil patch crash of the mid-1980s, a crisis that mandated stints in Texas and Oklahoma.
In 1985, Evans was hired by First American National Bank subsidiary, Memphis Bank & Trust, in its Capital Markets division, where he worked for five years in fixed income sales and correspondent banking. He subsequently joined FTN, a subsidiary of First Tennessee Bank, in its Correspondent Services Division. In this executive position, he gained 19 years of experience and industry knowledge, working directly with a broad spectrum of financial institutions in the commercial banking, mortgage banking, and investment banking markets.
When he is not working, Evans can likely be found enjoying the great outdoors. He and his family — wife, Paige; son, Ben, 17; and daughter, Elizabeth, 14 — enjoy kayaking, hiking and backpacking when they travel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip