Groups tap Marchetti, Young
by Tacy Rayburn
Published: September 21,2009
Wells Marble & Hurst, PLLC, announces that R. David Marchetti has been elected president of Estate Planning Council of Mississippi. Marchetti’s practice principally involves estate planning and probate, along with work in taxation, real estate, corporate and commercial law. He has been a frequent lecturer on estate planning and probate issues for a number of organizations and institutions, including the Mississippi Bar Association, the National Business Institute, Lorman Educational Services Inc., the Mississippi Bankers Association Trust Conference and the University of Mississippi. Marchetti received a bachelor of accountancy from Mississippi State University and his J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law, where he served as associate editor of the Mississippi Law Journal. He later earned an LL.M. in estate planning from the University of Miami School of Law.
Wells Marble & Hurst also announced the selection of R. James (Jimmy) Young by Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to serve as co-chairman of the Business Reform – Trust Laws Study Group, which is one of several groups established to reform the State’s business laws. Young spent six years early in his career as an estate tax attorney with the Internal Revenue Service. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel, serving as chair for the State of Mississippi from 1997-2002, and is a past chairman of the Mississippi Bar’s Estates and Trusts Section. An accredited estate planner with the National Association of Estate Planning Councils, Young has taught at seminars for many years, including chairing the Annual Estate Planning Seminars co-sponsored by the Mississippi College School of Law and the Estate Planning Council of Mississippi. He has been included in Best Lawyers in America since 1999 and has been selected as a Mid-South Super Lawyer since its inception. Young earned a B.B.A. in banking and finance from the University of Mississippi and the J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager