Groups tap Marchetti, Young
by Tacy Rayburn
Published: September 21,2009
Wells Marble & Hurst, PLLC, announces that R. David Marchetti has been elected president of Estate Planning Council of Mississippi. Marchetti’s practice principally involves estate planning and probate, along with work in taxation, real estate, corporate and commercial law. He has been a frequent lecturer on estate planning and probate issues for a number of organizations and institutions, including the Mississippi Bar Association, the National Business Institute, Lorman Educational Services Inc., the Mississippi Bankers Association Trust Conference and the University of Mississippi. Marchetti received a bachelor of accountancy from Mississippi State University and his J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law, where he served as associate editor of the Mississippi Law Journal. He later earned an LL.M. in estate planning from the University of Miami School of Law.
Wells Marble & Hurst also announced the selection of R. James (Jimmy) Young by Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to serve as co-chairman of the Business Reform – Trust Laws Study Group, which is one of several groups established to reform the State’s business laws. Young spent six years early in his career as an estate tax attorney with the Internal Revenue Service. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel, serving as chair for the State of Mississippi from 1997-2002, and is a past chairman of the Mississippi Bar’s Estates and Trusts Section. An accredited estate planner with the National Association of Estate Planning Councils, Young has taught at seminars for many years, including chairing the Annual Estate Planning Seminars co-sponsored by the Mississippi College School of Law and the Estate Planning Council of Mississippi. He has been included in Best Lawyers in America since 1999 and has been selected as a Mid-South Super Lawyer since its inception. Young earned a B.B.A. in banking and finance from the University of Mississippi and the J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center