Home2 Suites eyeing Hub City
Published: September 21,2009
HATTIESBURG — Home2 Suites by Hilton announced the approval of a franchise application for Hattiesburg. The developer for the new hotel is Narayan Global Hotel LLC.
The cost of the project was not disclosed.
Located near I-59 at Exit 65AB , the hotel is set to break ground within the next year, with an anticipated opening in early 2011. The four-story, new construction hotel will contain 90 guest suites, 1,000 square feet of meeting space, outdoor grills and an outdoor pool.
“Since launching the Home2 brand in January, we’ve received an overwhelmingly positive response from the development community,” said Bill Duncan, global head, brand management, Home2 Suites by Hilton. “We’re excited to bring one of our first hotels to Hattiesburg.”
The brand was officially launched at a hotel industry conference in late January. To demonstrate the strong interest from the hotel development community, 10 submitted franchise applications were announced at the event. Since then, Hilton has received approximately 50 additional franchise applications. This Hattiesburg application is one of the first to be fully executed and approved.
On average, Home2 Suites will be comprised of 90 percent studios and 10 percent one-bedroom suites, at 323 and 509 square feet, respectively. Public space will account for approximately 4,200 square feet.
Home2 Suites forecasts 100 properties open by year-end 2012, with 60 to 70 per year thereafter. Immediate focus will be on U.S. development, with expansion into Canada, Mexico and abroad in subsequent years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet