JCJC sets record, breaks ground on new building
ELLISVILLE — Enrollment is up 11 percent at Jones County Junior College (JCJC) this fall, with a record number of 5,573 students.
In a separate item, JCJC held a ceremonial groundbreaking Sept. 16 for a $12-million academic building, which is slated to become the college’s flagship facility.
The 69,000-square-foot construction project, authorized by the college trustees, adds numerous state-of-the-art classrooms to the campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case