JCJC sets record, breaks ground on new building
ELLISVILLE — Enrollment is up 11 percent at Jones County Junior College (JCJC) this fall, with a record number of 5,573 students.
In a separate item, JCJC held a ceremonial groundbreaking Sept. 16 for a $12-million academic building, which is slated to become the college’s flagship facility.
The 69,000-square-foot construction project, authorized by the college trustees, adds numerous state-of-the-art classrooms to the campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river