JCJC sets record, breaks ground on new building
ELLISVILLE — Enrollment is up 11 percent at Jones County Junior College (JCJC) this fall, with a record number of 5,573 students.
In a separate item, JCJC held a ceremonial groundbreaking Sept. 16 for a $12-million academic building, which is slated to become the college’s flagship facility.
The 69,000-square-foot construction project, authorized by the college trustees, adds numerous state-of-the-art classrooms to the campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food