Maier named chief, director at ERDC
Published: September 21,2009
Dr. Robert Maier has been selected as chief of the Scientific Computing Research Center and will serve as one of six directors of the Department of Defense Supercomputing Resource Center at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) Information Technology Laboratory in Vicksburg. Maier has a doctorate in numerical analysis from the University of Minnesota. He began his career in computational science in 1981 as an applications analyst with the Control Data Corporation and joined the Army High Performance Computing Research Center in 1991 as a postdoctoral fellow and staff scientist. Maier joined the ERDC team in 2003 in the Major Shared Resource Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics