Maier named chief, director at ERDC
Published: September 21,2009
Dr. Robert Maier has been selected as chief of the Scientific Computing Research Center and will serve as one of six directors of the Department of Defense Supercomputing Resource Center at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) Information Technology Laboratory in Vicksburg. Maier has a doctorate in numerical analysis from the University of Minnesota. He began his career in computational science in 1981 as an applications analyst with the Control Data Corporation and joined the Army High Performance Computing Research Center in 1991 as a postdoctoral fellow and staff scientist. Maier joined the ERDC team in 2003 in the Major Shared Resource Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge