Maier named chief, director at ERDC
Published: September 21,2009
Dr. Robert Maier has been selected as chief of the Scientific Computing Research Center and will serve as one of six directors of the Department of Defense Supercomputing Resource Center at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) Information Technology Laboratory in Vicksburg. Maier has a doctorate in numerical analysis from the University of Minnesota. He began his career in computational science in 1981 as an applications analyst with the Control Data Corporation and joined the Army High Performance Computing Research Center in 1991 as a postdoctoral fellow and staff scientist. Maier joined the ERDC team in 2003 in the Major Shared Resource Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well