Maier named chief, director at ERDC
Published: September 21,2009
Dr. Robert Maier has been selected as chief of the Scientific Computing Research Center and will serve as one of six directors of the Department of Defense Supercomputing Resource Center at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) Information Technology Laboratory in Vicksburg. Maier has a doctorate in numerical analysis from the University of Minnesota. He began his career in computational science in 1981 as an applications analyst with the Control Data Corporation and joined the Army High Performance Computing Research Center in 1991 as a postdoctoral fellow and staff scientist. Maier joined the ERDC team in 2003 in the Major Shared Resource Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.