Maier named chief, director at ERDC
Published: September 21,2009
Dr. Robert Maier has been selected as chief of the Scientific Computing Research Center and will serve as one of six directors of the Department of Defense Supercomputing Resource Center at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) Information Technology Laboratory in Vicksburg. Maier has a doctorate in numerical analysis from the University of Minnesota. He began his career in computational science in 1981 as an applications analyst with the Control Data Corporation and joined the Army High Performance Computing Research Center in 1991 as a postdoctoral fellow and staff scientist. Maier joined the ERDC team in 2003 in the Major Shared Resource Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river