McCoy named ‘Shining Example’
Published: September 21,2009
Neal McCoy, director of sports development for the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau, was named the 2009 Rising Star by the Southeast Tourism Society at its annual “Shining Examples” awards luncheon held Sept. 10 in Atlanta. The award recognizes extraordinary on-the-job performance by a person new to the travel and tourism industry. McCoy graduated from the University of Mississippi, earning a bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation management. Before joining the Tupelo CVB, he served as the assistant director of Ridgeland Recreation and Parks. McCoy is currently a member of the Mississippi Tourism Association where he serves on the board of directors, a member of the NASC and a member of Mississippi Recreation and Parks Association.
Born in Tupelo, McCoy is married to Holly Carter, also of Tupelo. They have two sons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House