McCoy named ‘Shining Example’
Published: September 21,2009
Neal McCoy, director of sports development for the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau, was named the 2009 Rising Star by the Southeast Tourism Society at its annual “Shining Examples” awards luncheon held Sept. 10 in Atlanta. The award recognizes extraordinary on-the-job performance by a person new to the travel and tourism industry. McCoy graduated from the University of Mississippi, earning a bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation management. Before joining the Tupelo CVB, he served as the assistant director of Ridgeland Recreation and Parks. McCoy is currently a member of the Mississippi Tourism Association where he serves on the board of directors, a member of the NASC and a member of Mississippi Recreation and Parks Association.
Born in Tupelo, McCoy is married to Holly Carter, also of Tupelo. They have two sons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game