McCoy named ‘Shining Example’
Published: September 21,2009
Neal McCoy, director of sports development for the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau, was named the 2009 Rising Star by the Southeast Tourism Society at its annual “Shining Examples” awards luncheon held Sept. 10 in Atlanta. The award recognizes extraordinary on-the-job performance by a person new to the travel and tourism industry. McCoy graduated from the University of Mississippi, earning a bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation management. Before joining the Tupelo CVB, he served as the assistant director of Ridgeland Recreation and Parks. McCoy is currently a member of the Mississippi Tourism Association where he serves on the board of directors, a member of the NASC and a member of Mississippi Recreation and Parks Association.
Born in Tupelo, McCoy is married to Holly Carter, also of Tupelo. They have two sons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau