McCoy named ‘Shining Example’
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
Neal McCoy, director of sports development for the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau, was named the 2009 Rising Star by the Southeast Tourism Society at its annual “Shining Examples” awards luncheon held Sept. 10 in Atlanta. The award recognizes extraordinary on-the-job performance by a person new to the travel and tourism industry. McCoy graduated from the University of Mississippi, earning a bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation management. Before joining the Tupelo CVB, he served as the assistant director of Ridgeland Recreation and Parks. McCoy is currently a member of the Mississippi Tourism Association where he serves on the board of directors, a member of the NASC and a member of Mississippi Recreation and Parks Association.
Born in Tupelo, McCoy is married to Holly Carter, also of Tupelo. They have two sons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide