McCoy named ‘Shining Example’
Published: September 21,2009
Neal McCoy, director of sports development for the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau, was named the 2009 Rising Star by the Southeast Tourism Society at its annual “Shining Examples” awards luncheon held Sept. 10 in Atlanta. The award recognizes extraordinary on-the-job performance by a person new to the travel and tourism industry. McCoy graduated from the University of Mississippi, earning a bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation management. Before joining the Tupelo CVB, he served as the assistant director of Ridgeland Recreation and Parks. McCoy is currently a member of the Mississippi Tourism Association where he serves on the board of directors, a member of the NASC and a member of Mississippi Recreation and Parks Association.
Born in Tupelo, McCoy is married to Holly Carter, also of Tupelo. They have two sons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant