Robinson makes switch to Magnolia State Bank
Published: September 21,2009
BAY SPRINGS — After 30 years of serving as Magnolia State Bank president, CEO and chairman Thomas Brown has named a new president and CEO, Marcus Robinson, formerly with Regions Bank in Hattiesburg.
Brown will continue to serve the bank as a full-time chairman of the board and will continue to maintain an office in Bay Springs.
“With Marcus on board, we expect to continue our commitment to quality growth through investing in the lives of our employees and the communities we serve,” Brown said. “His expertise will enable us to prepare for the future.”
In addition to serving as president and CEO, Robinson has been named to the bank’s board of directors.
Robinson, 46, started with Deposit Guaranty National Bank in 1984 as a credit analyst and later became a loan officer and senior lender in the Jackson, Hattiesburg and Meridian locations. He joined Regions Bank in 2003, where he focused on commercial and industrial lending. He was involved in syndications, asset-based loans and real estate credits for corporate accounts throughout South Mississippi.
Robinson graduated from Mississippi State University with a degree in banking and finance and received his MBA from the University of Southern Mississippi. Robinson also graduated from the Stonier School of Banking at the University of Delaware.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win