Skylla wins contract, this time with Stennis
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
HANCOCK COUNTY — Skylla Engineering recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of its Stennis Space Center (SSC) operations and the win of its second contract.
Skylla Engineering won its first SSC contract with the U.S. Geological Survey’s (USGS’) Hydrologic Instrumentation Facility (HIF) in July 2008. The second contract, as a subcontractor to SAIC supporting the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC), began in July 2009.
Skylla provides lab services to the USGS including instrument calibration, testing, water quality lab, test development, customer service and warehouse services. Under the new NDBC contract, Skylla will be hiring additional personnel in the areas of engineering, software development, logistics and administration.
Since 2004, Skylla has grown to over 120 employees with offices in Texas, Virginia, South Carolina and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability