Skylla wins contract, this time with Stennis
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
HANCOCK COUNTY — Skylla Engineering recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of its Stennis Space Center (SSC) operations and the win of its second contract.
Skylla Engineering won its first SSC contract with the U.S. Geological Survey’s (USGS’) Hydrologic Instrumentation Facility (HIF) in July 2008. The second contract, as a subcontractor to SAIC supporting the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC), began in July 2009.
Skylla provides lab services to the USGS including instrument calibration, testing, water quality lab, test development, customer service and warehouse services. Under the new NDBC contract, Skylla will be hiring additional personnel in the areas of engineering, software development, logistics and administration.
Since 2004, Skylla has grown to over 120 employees with offices in Texas, Virginia, South Carolina and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections