Skylla wins contract, this time with Stennis
Published: September 21,2009
HANCOCK COUNTY — Skylla Engineering recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of its Stennis Space Center (SSC) operations and the win of its second contract.
Skylla Engineering won its first SSC contract with the U.S. Geological Survey’s (USGS’) Hydrologic Instrumentation Facility (HIF) in July 2008. The second contract, as a subcontractor to SAIC supporting the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC), began in July 2009.
Skylla provides lab services to the USGS including instrument calibration, testing, water quality lab, test development, customer service and warehouse services. Under the new NDBC contract, Skylla will be hiring additional personnel in the areas of engineering, software development, logistics and administration.
Since 2004, Skylla has grown to over 120 employees with offices in Texas, Virginia, South Carolina and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics