Skylla wins contract, this time with Stennis
Published: September 21,2009
HANCOCK COUNTY — Skylla Engineering recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of its Stennis Space Center (SSC) operations and the win of its second contract.
Skylla Engineering won its first SSC contract with the U.S. Geological Survey’s (USGS’) Hydrologic Instrumentation Facility (HIF) in July 2008. The second contract, as a subcontractor to SAIC supporting the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC), began in July 2009.
Skylla provides lab services to the USGS including instrument calibration, testing, water quality lab, test development, customer service and warehouse services. Under the new NDBC contract, Skylla will be hiring additional personnel in the areas of engineering, software development, logistics and administration.
Since 2004, Skylla has grown to over 120 employees with offices in Texas, Virginia, South Carolina and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015