USM adds to faculty and staff
Published: September 21,2009
Dr. Katherine Nugent, director of the School of Nursing at the University of Southern Mississippi, was recently elected vice president of the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB), Council on Nursing Education. Founded in 1948, the SREB is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that works with leaders and policy-makers in 16 member states to improve pre-K through post-secondary education. The Council on Nursing Education is a component of the SREB with a mission to promote cooperative regional planning and activities to strengthen nursing education and nursing research in college and universities in SREB states and the District of Columbia.
In a separate item, Petal native Linda Jackson recently joined the staff at the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security at the University of Southern Mississippi as administrative assistant to director Lou Marciani. Jackson, 28, earned her undergraduate degree from Alcorn State University in political science. She also has a master’s degree in public relations from Southern Miss. Before joining the center, Jackson worked as the Hattiesburg American newspaper as a real estate account executive and at Comprehensive Radiology Services as an electronic data interchange specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M