USM adds to faculty and staff
by MBJ Newswires
Published: September 21,2009
Dr. Katherine Nugent, director of the School of Nursing at the University of Southern Mississippi, was recently elected vice president of the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB), Council on Nursing Education. Founded in 1948, the SREB is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that works with leaders and policy-makers in 16 member states to improve pre-K through post-secondary education. The Council on Nursing Education is a component of the SREB with a mission to promote cooperative regional planning and activities to strengthen nursing education and nursing research in college and universities in SREB states and the District of Columbia.
In a separate item, Petal native Linda Jackson recently joined the staff at the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security at the University of Southern Mississippi as administrative assistant to director Lou Marciani. Jackson, 28, earned her undergraduate degree from Alcorn State University in political science. She also has a master’s degree in public relations from Southern Miss. Before joining the center, Jackson worked as the Hattiesburg American newspaper as a real estate account executive and at Comprehensive Radiology Services as an electronic data interchange specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit