USM adds to faculty and staff
Published: September 21,2009
Dr. Katherine Nugent, director of the School of Nursing at the University of Southern Mississippi, was recently elected vice president of the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB), Council on Nursing Education. Founded in 1948, the SREB is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that works with leaders and policy-makers in 16 member states to improve pre-K through post-secondary education. The Council on Nursing Education is a component of the SREB with a mission to promote cooperative regional planning and activities to strengthen nursing education and nursing research in college and universities in SREB states and the District of Columbia.
In a separate item, Petal native Linda Jackson recently joined the staff at the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security at the University of Southern Mississippi as administrative assistant to director Lou Marciani. Jackson, 28, earned her undergraduate degree from Alcorn State University in political science. She also has a master’s degree in public relations from Southern Miss. Before joining the center, Jackson worked as the Hattiesburg American newspaper as a real estate account executive and at Comprehensive Radiology Services as an electronic data interchange specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion