USM adds to faculty and staff
Published: September 21,2009
Dr. Katherine Nugent, director of the School of Nursing at the University of Southern Mississippi, was recently elected vice president of the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB), Council on Nursing Education. Founded in 1948, the SREB is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that works with leaders and policy-makers in 16 member states to improve pre-K through post-secondary education. The Council on Nursing Education is a component of the SREB with a mission to promote cooperative regional planning and activities to strengthen nursing education and nursing research in college and universities in SREB states and the District of Columbia.
In a separate item, Petal native Linda Jackson recently joined the staff at the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security at the University of Southern Mississippi as administrative assistant to director Lou Marciani. Jackson, 28, earned her undergraduate degree from Alcorn State University in political science. She also has a master’s degree in public relations from Southern Miss. Before joining the center, Jackson worked as the Hattiesburg American newspaper as a real estate account executive and at Comprehensive Radiology Services as an electronic data interchange specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years