Blue Mountain sees record enrollment
BLUE MOUNTAIN — For the first time in the 137-year history of Blue Mountain College (BMC), enrollment has reached 500 students.
“This is a significant milestone for the college,” said Dr. Bettye Rogers Coward, BMC president, who noted the 500 students represent a 7 percent increase above a year ago. “We had a firmly established vision for the college and we have been very focused in our efforts. Many people have worked hard to make this happen, and the students and families in our area have responded.”
Maria Teel, director of admissions, said enrollment has been climbing steadily since she began recruiting for BMC in 2003.
“You could really see it pick up in 2005 when we announced we were going coeducational,” Teel said. “From then on it was easier to recruit, especially at all the college fairs. Then when we added men’s sports programs in 2007, that really attracted a lot of attention.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on