EDA releases funds for railroad project
Published: September 23,2009
HORN LAKE — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has announced a $1.1-million Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant to the City of Horn Lake to build a railroad spur to serve a foods manufacturing business and to help attract other commercial interests to the region.
The project is expected to create or save 320 jobs and generate $1.3 million in private investment, according to grantee estimates.
Locke said. “This grant create jobs, allowing Newly Weds Foods to expand their operations and increase the marketability of industrial site development in the Horn Lake region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing