EDA releases funds for railroad project
Published: September 23,2009
HORN LAKE — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has announced a $1.1-million Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant to the City of Horn Lake to build a railroad spur to serve a foods manufacturing business and to help attract other commercial interests to the region.
The project is expected to create or save 320 jobs and generate $1.3 million in private investment, according to grantee estimates.
Locke said. “This grant create jobs, allowing Newly Weds Foods to expand their operations and increase the marketability of industrial site development in the Horn Lake region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity