EDA releases funds for railroad project
Published: September 23,2009
HORN LAKE — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has announced a $1.1-million Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant to the City of Horn Lake to build a railroad spur to serve a foods manufacturing business and to help attract other commercial interests to the region.
The project is expected to create or save 320 jobs and generate $1.3 million in private investment, according to grantee estimates.
Locke said. “This grant create jobs, allowing Newly Weds Foods to expand their operations and increase the marketability of industrial site development in the Horn Lake region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs