EDA releases funds for railroad project
Published: September 23,2009
HORN LAKE — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has announced a $1.1-million Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant to the City of Horn Lake to build a railroad spur to serve a foods manufacturing business and to help attract other commercial interests to the region.
The project is expected to create or save 320 jobs and generate $1.3 million in private investment, according to grantee estimates.
Locke said. “This grant create jobs, allowing Newly Weds Foods to expand their operations and increase the marketability of industrial site development in the Horn Lake region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation