EDA releases funds for railroad project
Published: September 23,2009
HORN LAKE — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has announced a $1.1-million Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant to the City of Horn Lake to build a railroad spur to serve a foods manufacturing business and to help attract other commercial interests to the region.
The project is expected to create or save 320 jobs and generate $1.3 million in private investment, according to grantee estimates.
Locke said. “This grant create jobs, allowing Newly Weds Foods to expand their operations and increase the marketability of industrial site development in the Horn Lake region.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41