Hinds recognized for energy conservation
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College (HCC) reports it has achieved a 25 percent cost savings totaling $402,981 in five months since forming a strategic alliance with Energy Education, a national energy conservation company. The achievement has not gone unnoticed.
The college was recently presented with the Energy Pacesetter, which is for those stellar organizations that are “setting the pace” in energy savings for others. It is designated only for programs achieving above-average savings, recognizing the support and cooperation of administration, faculty and staff organization-wide.
By tracking consumption and analyzing energy use, personnel can quickly identify and correct areas that need immediate attention. Energy Education’s Transformational Energy Management Process trains client personnel to implement behavioral and organizational change that substantially reduces energy consumption without the purchase of new equipment.
The program is funded solely and rapidly by the savings it generates, allowing clients to redirect saved energy dollars to other priorities.
Dallas, Texas-based Energy Education was named 2009 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. In 23 years, the company has worked with more than 1,000 educational and ministerial organizations, helping clients save more than $1.7 billion in utility costs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years