Hinds recognized for energy conservation
RAYMOND — Hinds Community College (HCC) reports it has achieved a 25 percent cost savings totaling $402,981 in five months since forming a strategic alliance with Energy Education, a national energy conservation company. The achievement has not gone unnoticed.
The college was recently presented with the Energy Pacesetter, which is for those stellar organizations that are “setting the pace” in energy savings for others. It is designated only for programs achieving above-average savings, recognizing the support and cooperation of administration, faculty and staff organization-wide.
By tracking consumption and analyzing energy use, personnel can quickly identify and correct areas that need immediate attention. Energy Education’s Transformational Energy Management Process trains client personnel to implement behavioral and organizational change that substantially reduces energy consumption without the purchase of new equipment.
The program is funded solely and rapidly by the savings it generates, allowing clients to redirect saved energy dollars to other priorities.
Dallas, Texas-based Energy Education was named 2009 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. In 23 years, the company has worked with more than 1,000 educational and ministerial organizations, helping clients save more than $1.7 billion in utility costs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015