Perkinston college gets $2M federal grant
Published: September 23,2009
JACKSON — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has announced a $2 million Economic Development Administration grant to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College District of Perkinston.
The school will use the money to help build a Hospitality and Resort Management Center, which is expected to create 636 jobs.
Locke, in a news release, said the center also boost the tourism sector in a regional economy severely impacted by natural disasters.
The EDA is an agency within the U.S. Commerce Department and supports the economic development needs of distressed communities throughout the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41