Perkinston college gets $2M federal grant
by Associated Press
Published: September 23,2009
JACKSON — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has announced a $2 million Economic Development Administration grant to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College District of Perkinston.
The school will use the money to help build a Hospitality and Resort Management Center, which is expected to create 636 jobs.
Locke, in a news release, said the center also boost the tourism sector in a regional economy severely impacted by natural disasters.
The EDA is an agency within the U.S. Commerce Department and supports the economic development needs of distressed communities throughout the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district