Perkinston college gets $2M federal grant
by Associated Press
Published: September 23,2009
JACKSON — U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke has announced a $2 million Economic Development Administration grant to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College District of Perkinston.
The school will use the money to help build a Hospitality and Resort Management Center, which is expected to create 636 jobs.
Locke, in a news release, said the center also boost the tourism sector in a regional economy severely impacted by natural disasters.
The EDA is an agency within the U.S. Commerce Department and supports the economic development needs of distressed communities throughout the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue