UM to induct six into Hall of Fame
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi Alumni Association honors six alumni with its highest annual awards during Homecoming Weekend Oct. 16-17.
Inductees into the Alumni Hall of Fame are John Warner Alford Jr. of Oxford, John “Kayo” Dottley of Vicksburg, George E. Hilliard of Memphis and William W. Parsons Jr. of Merritt Island, Fla. David E. Brevard of Tupelo will receive the Alumni Service Award for service to the university and the Alumni Association. Tamara Yvette Crawford of Arlington, Texas, will receive the Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
The Alumni Association is hosting a public reception for the honorees at 6 p.m. Oct. 16 in the Gertrude C. Ford Ballroom at The Inn at Ole Miss. A dinner for the recipients follows the reception and tickets with advanced registration by Oct. 2 are required. Tickets are $50 per person or $375 for a table of eight. Call (662) 915-7375.
The honorees will be introduced Oct. 17 at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium before the Homecoming game kickoff with the University of Alabama-Birmingham. (Game time is to be announced.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years