UM to induct six into Hall of Fame
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi Alumni Association honors six alumni with its highest annual awards during Homecoming Weekend Oct. 16-17.
Inductees into the Alumni Hall of Fame are John Warner Alford Jr. of Oxford, John “Kayo” Dottley of Vicksburg, George E. Hilliard of Memphis and William W. Parsons Jr. of Merritt Island, Fla. David E. Brevard of Tupelo will receive the Alumni Service Award for service to the university and the Alumni Association. Tamara Yvette Crawford of Arlington, Texas, will receive the Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
The Alumni Association is hosting a public reception for the honorees at 6 p.m. Oct. 16 in the Gertrude C. Ford Ballroom at The Inn at Ole Miss. A dinner for the recipients follows the reception and tickets with advanced registration by Oct. 2 are required. Tickets are $50 per person or $375 for a table of eight. Call (662) 915-7375.
The honorees will be introduced Oct. 17 at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium before the Homecoming game kickoff with the University of Alabama-Birmingham. (Game time is to be announced.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner