UM to induct six into Hall of Fame
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi Alumni Association honors six alumni with its highest annual awards during Homecoming Weekend Oct. 16-17.
Inductees into the Alumni Hall of Fame are John Warner Alford Jr. of Oxford, John “Kayo” Dottley of Vicksburg, George E. Hilliard of Memphis and William W. Parsons Jr. of Merritt Island, Fla. David E. Brevard of Tupelo will receive the Alumni Service Award for service to the university and the Alumni Association. Tamara Yvette Crawford of Arlington, Texas, will receive the Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
The Alumni Association is hosting a public reception for the honorees at 6 p.m. Oct. 16 in the Gertrude C. Ford Ballroom at The Inn at Ole Miss. A dinner for the recipients follows the reception and tickets with advanced registration by Oct. 2 are required. Tickets are $50 per person or $375 for a table of eight. Call (662) 915-7375.
The honorees will be introduced Oct. 17 at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium before the Homecoming game kickoff with the University of Alabama-Birmingham. (Game time is to be announced.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed