UM to induct six into Hall of Fame
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi Alumni Association honors six alumni with its highest annual awards during Homecoming Weekend Oct. 16-17.
Inductees into the Alumni Hall of Fame are John Warner Alford Jr. of Oxford, John “Kayo” Dottley of Vicksburg, George E. Hilliard of Memphis and William W. Parsons Jr. of Merritt Island, Fla. David E. Brevard of Tupelo will receive the Alumni Service Award for service to the university and the Alumni Association. Tamara Yvette Crawford of Arlington, Texas, will receive the Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
The Alumni Association is hosting a public reception for the honorees at 6 p.m. Oct. 16 in the Gertrude C. Ford Ballroom at The Inn at Ole Miss. A dinner for the recipients follows the reception and tickets with advanced registration by Oct. 2 are required. Tickets are $50 per person or $375 for a table of eight. Call (662) 915-7375.
The honorees will be introduced Oct. 17 at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium before the Homecoming game kickoff with the University of Alabama-Birmingham. (Game time is to be announced.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued