UM to induct six into Hall of Fame
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi Alumni Association honors six alumni with its highest annual awards during Homecoming Weekend Oct. 16-17.
Inductees into the Alumni Hall of Fame are John Warner Alford Jr. of Oxford, John “Kayo” Dottley of Vicksburg, George E. Hilliard of Memphis and William W. Parsons Jr. of Merritt Island, Fla. David E. Brevard of Tupelo will receive the Alumni Service Award for service to the university and the Alumni Association. Tamara Yvette Crawford of Arlington, Texas, will receive the Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
The Alumni Association is hosting a public reception for the honorees at 6 p.m. Oct. 16 in the Gertrude C. Ford Ballroom at The Inn at Ole Miss. A dinner for the recipients follows the reception and tickets with advanced registration by Oct. 2 are required. Tickets are $50 per person or $375 for a table of eight. Call (662) 915-7375.
The honorees will be introduced Oct. 17 at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium before the Homecoming game kickoff with the University of Alabama-Birmingham. (Game time is to be announced.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending