BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor
by Ross Reily
Published: September 24,2009
“I am running,” Luckett told the Mississippi Business Journal Thursday. It’s not that I plan to run or that I am thinking about it. I am running.
“I think my intentions have been pretty widely known for a while,” he continued. “I will probably have a formal announcement some time in the spring, but yes I am running.”
Previously, Luckett’s name had been linked to a possible run as he had formed a Political Action Committee and put out feelers to take the temperature of some of the party’s leaders.
Luckett’s name has been making the rounds of the political rumor mill for the better part of a year.
Luckett’s law practice has been successful. His web site mentions his firm has ownership of two aircraft. He is a business partner with Morgan Freeman. They own Ground Zero Blues Club and Madidi’s Restaurant in downtown Clarksdale.
Look for the rest of the story from MBJ Staff Writer Clay Chandler about the potential Democratic candidates for governor in this week’s Mississippi Business Journal print edition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor”
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas