BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor
by Ross Reily
Published: September 24,2009
“I am running,” Luckett told the Mississippi Business Journal Thursday. It’s not that I plan to run or that I am thinking about it. I am running.
“I think my intentions have been pretty widely known for a while,” he continued. “I will probably have a formal announcement some time in the spring, but yes I am running.”
Previously, Luckett’s name had been linked to a possible run as he had formed a Political Action Committee and put out feelers to take the temperature of some of the party’s leaders.
Luckett’s name has been making the rounds of the political rumor mill for the better part of a year.
Luckett’s law practice has been successful. His web site mentions his firm has ownership of two aircraft. He is a business partner with Morgan Freeman. They own Ground Zero Blues Club and Madidi’s Restaurant in downtown Clarksdale.
Look for the rest of the story from MBJ Staff Writer Clay Chandler about the potential Democratic candidates for governor in this week’s Mississippi Business Journal print edition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years