BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor
by Ross Reily
Published: September 24,2009
“I am running,” Luckett told the Mississippi Business Journal Thursday. It’s not that I plan to run or that I am thinking about it. I am running.
“I think my intentions have been pretty widely known for a while,” he continued. “I will probably have a formal announcement some time in the spring, but yes I am running.”
Previously, Luckett’s name had been linked to a possible run as he had formed a Political Action Committee and put out feelers to take the temperature of some of the party’s leaders.
Luckett’s name has been making the rounds of the political rumor mill for the better part of a year.
Luckett’s law practice has been successful. His web site mentions his firm has ownership of two aircraft. He is a business partner with Morgan Freeman. They own Ground Zero Blues Club and Madidi’s Restaurant in downtown Clarksdale.
Look for the rest of the story from MBJ Staff Writer Clay Chandler about the potential Democratic candidates for governor in this week’s Mississippi Business Journal print edition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program