BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor
by Ross Reily
Published: September 24,2009
“I am running,” Luckett told the Mississippi Business Journal Thursday. It’s not that I plan to run or that I am thinking about it. I am running.
“I think my intentions have been pretty widely known for a while,” he continued. “I will probably have a formal announcement some time in the spring, but yes I am running.”
Previously, Luckett’s name had been linked to a possible run as he had formed a Political Action Committee and put out feelers to take the temperature of some of the party’s leaders.
Luckett’s name has been making the rounds of the political rumor mill for the better part of a year.
Luckett’s law practice has been successful. His web site mentions his firm has ownership of two aircraft. He is a business partner with Morgan Freeman. They own Ground Zero Blues Club and Madidi’s Restaurant in downtown Clarksdale.
Look for the rest of the story from MBJ Staff Writer Clay Chandler about the potential Democratic candidates for governor in this week’s Mississippi Business Journal print edition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis