BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor
by Ross Reily
Published: September 24,2009
“I am running,” Luckett told the Mississippi Business Journal Thursday. It’s not that I plan to run or that I am thinking about it. I am running.
“I think my intentions have been pretty widely known for a while,” he continued. “I will probably have a formal announcement some time in the spring, but yes I am running.”
Previously, Luckett’s name had been linked to a possible run as he had formed a Political Action Committee and put out feelers to take the temperature of some of the party’s leaders.
Luckett’s name has been making the rounds of the political rumor mill for the better part of a year.
Luckett’s law practice has been successful. His web site mentions his firm has ownership of two aircraft. He is a business partner with Morgan Freeman. They own Ground Zero Blues Club and Madidi’s Restaurant in downtown Clarksdale.
Look for the rest of the story from MBJ Staff Writer Clay Chandler about the potential Democratic candidates for governor in this week’s Mississippi Business Journal print edition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BREAKING — Luckett: I am running for governor”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders