Grant to build railroad spur
Published: September 24,2009
HORN LAKE, Miss. (AP) – A $1.1 million economic development grant will be used to build a railroad spur line that will service the expansion of Newly Weds Foods in Horn Lake.
Officials say the project will create 20 jobs and help save 300 other jobs throughout DeSoto County.
U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, D-Miss., announced Wednesday that the grant from the Economic Development Administration will pay for the rail spur and infrastructure improvements to handle the expansion of the Horn Lake plant.
Newly Weds Foods bought the Horn Lake plant from the old Flavorite Laboratories in 2000.
The Chicago-based plant produces a number of products, including food coatings, seasonings, breading and ingredients for food processing and the food service industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs