Grant to build railroad spur
Published: September 24,2009
HORN LAKE, Miss. (AP) – A $1.1 million economic development grant will be used to build a railroad spur line that will service the expansion of Newly Weds Foods in Horn Lake.
Officials say the project will create 20 jobs and help save 300 other jobs throughout DeSoto County.
U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, D-Miss., announced Wednesday that the grant from the Economic Development Administration will pay for the rail spur and infrastructure improvements to handle the expansion of the Horn Lake plant.
Newly Weds Foods bought the Horn Lake plant from the old Flavorite Laboratories in 2000.
The Chicago-based plant produces a number of products, including food coatings, seasonings, breading and ingredients for food processing and the food service industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss