Health Department issues CONs
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) has issued certificates of need (CONs) to three healthcare facilities for projects totaling more than $12 million.
Singing River Hospital in Pascagoula was awarded a CON for the Mississippi Modular Chiller Plant and Pipe Bridge Project . The project involves the construction/upgrade of the modular chiller plant and pipe bridge on the campus of the hospital. The proposed project is expected to provide a specific infrastructure component that should extend its ability to offer the proper environment of care to its patients. The project’s capital expenditure is approximately $3.5 million
Jefferson County Hospital in Fayette was awarded a CON for the Mississippi Emergency Room/Laboratory/Acute Care Addition Project. The CON is for the addition of an emergency room/laboratory/acute care area. The proposed project involves 15,422 square feet of new construction, which encompasses 14,530 square feet indoors and 892 square feet outdoors for covered decks and porches. The capital expenditure is $5.5 million.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children in Jackson was awarded a CON for the Mississippi Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Renovation Project. The project involves the renovation of the pediatric intensive care unit, including renovating the existing 28-bed unit on the first floor of the hospital and the creation of 14 private patient rooms, redefined support spaces and better family waiting space. The capital expenditure is approximately $3.12 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win