Auchus fills chair at UMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 28,2009
Dr. Alexander P. Auchus has joined University of Mississippi Medical Center as professor and McCarty Chair of Neurology in the School of Medicine. He will see patients through University of Mississippi Health Care. Before joining the medical center, he was a professor of neurology and director of Alzheimer’s research at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. His research interests are Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias in non-Caucasians. He previously led Emory University’s Alzheimer’s disease Center satellite clinics, where he treated mostly African-Americans, and he worked as a consultant neurologist in Singapore, studying stroke-related dementia in their ethnic Chinese population.
A New Jersey native, Auchus earned his M.D. at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and completed residency training in neurology at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, where he was chief resident. He also completed a research fellowship at Cornell University Medical College and a clinical fellowship in geriatric neurology and neuropsychiatry at Emory University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'