Auchus fills chair at UMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 28,2009
Dr. Alexander P. Auchus has joined University of Mississippi Medical Center as professor and McCarty Chair of Neurology in the School of Medicine. He will see patients through University of Mississippi Health Care. Before joining the medical center, he was a professor of neurology and director of Alzheimer’s research at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. His research interests are Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias in non-Caucasians. He previously led Emory University’s Alzheimer’s disease Center satellite clinics, where he treated mostly African-Americans, and he worked as a consultant neurologist in Singapore, studying stroke-related dementia in their ethnic Chinese population.
A New Jersey native, Auchus earned his M.D. at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and completed residency training in neurology at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, where he was chief resident. He also completed a research fellowship at Cornell University Medical College and a clinical fellowship in geriatric neurology and neuropsychiatry at Emory University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site