Cardiologist utilizing new procedure
LAUREL — Wassim E. Mouannes, M.D., a cardiologist with Hattiesburg Clinic’s The Heart Care Center-Laurel, recently became one of the first cardiologists in Mississippi to use an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) that utilizes the latest in defibrillator lead technology.
This new technology, known as the Attain StarFix, is used treat patients who suffer from irregular heartbeats or heart failure and require cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT).
Mouannes said, “The advancements in technology and the feature options now available allow me to better customize device treatments based on my patients’ individual therapy needs with a goal of continuously improving their quality of life.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow