Cardiologist utilizing new procedure
LAUREL — Wassim E. Mouannes, M.D., a cardiologist with Hattiesburg Clinic’s The Heart Care Center-Laurel, recently became one of the first cardiologists in Mississippi to use an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) that utilizes the latest in defibrillator lead technology.
This new technology, known as the Attain StarFix, is used treat patients who suffer from irregular heartbeats or heart failure and require cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT).
Mouannes said, “The advancements in technology and the feature options now available allow me to better customize device treatments based on my patients’ individual therapy needs with a goal of continuously improving their quality of life.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement