Cardiologist utilizing new procedure
LAUREL — Wassim E. Mouannes, M.D., a cardiologist with Hattiesburg Clinic’s The Heart Care Center-Laurel, recently became one of the first cardiologists in Mississippi to use an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) that utilizes the latest in defibrillator lead technology.
This new technology, known as the Attain StarFix, is used treat patients who suffer from irregular heartbeats or heart failure and require cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT).
Mouannes said, “The advancements in technology and the feature options now available allow me to better customize device treatments based on my patients’ individual therapy needs with a goal of continuously improving their quality of life.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions