Cardiologist utilizing new procedure
LAUREL — Wassim E. Mouannes, M.D., a cardiologist with Hattiesburg Clinic’s The Heart Care Center-Laurel, recently became one of the first cardiologists in Mississippi to use an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) that utilizes the latest in defibrillator lead technology.
This new technology, known as the Attain StarFix, is used treat patients who suffer from irregular heartbeats or heart failure and require cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT).
Mouannes said, “The advancements in technology and the feature options now available allow me to better customize device treatments based on my patients’ individual therapy needs with a goal of continuously improving their quality of life.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force