Cardiologist utilizing new procedure
LAUREL — Wassim E. Mouannes, M.D., a cardiologist with Hattiesburg Clinic’s The Heart Care Center-Laurel, recently became one of the first cardiologists in Mississippi to use an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) that utilizes the latest in defibrillator lead technology.
This new technology, known as the Attain StarFix, is used treat patients who suffer from irregular heartbeats or heart failure and require cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT).
Mouannes said, “The advancements in technology and the feature options now available allow me to better customize device treatments based on my patients’ individual therapy needs with a goal of continuously improving their quality of life.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain