Naval facility officially in operation
GULFPORT — Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) will be the keynote speaker today at 2 p.m. for the official grand opening of the Naval Construction Battalion Center Fitness Center. Also in attendance will be: Congressman Gene Taylor (D-Miss.); Myrtis Franke, Gulfport Office of Cochran; John Kelly, Office of Mayor George Schloegel; and, Mayor Billie Skellie, Mayor of Long Beach as well as several military officials.
This grand opening marks an end to one of the numerous construction packages included in the $320-million Katrina Recapilization Plan. There are a couple of facilities on the Seabee Base that have yet to be completed as part of the plan.
Prior to the Fitness Center grand opening, Wicker and Taylor will join base officials in cutting ribbons on the Base Fire Station and the Naval Construction Training Commands Basic Enlisted Quarters signifying their official opening.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!