Naval facility officially in operation
GULFPORT — Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) will be the keynote speaker today at 2 p.m. for the official grand opening of the Naval Construction Battalion Center Fitness Center. Also in attendance will be: Congressman Gene Taylor (D-Miss.); Myrtis Franke, Gulfport Office of Cochran; John Kelly, Office of Mayor George Schloegel; and, Mayor Billie Skellie, Mayor of Long Beach as well as several military officials.
This grand opening marks an end to one of the numerous construction packages included in the $320-million Katrina Recapilization Plan. There are a couple of facilities on the Seabee Base that have yet to be completed as part of the plan.
Prior to the Fitness Center grand opening, Wicker and Taylor will join base officials in cutting ribbons on the Base Fire Station and the Naval Construction Training Commands Basic Enlisted Quarters signifying their official opening.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act