Naval facility officially in operation
GULFPORT — Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) will be the keynote speaker today at 2 p.m. for the official grand opening of the Naval Construction Battalion Center Fitness Center. Also in attendance will be: Congressman Gene Taylor (D-Miss.); Myrtis Franke, Gulfport Office of Cochran; John Kelly, Office of Mayor George Schloegel; and, Mayor Billie Skellie, Mayor of Long Beach as well as several military officials.
This grand opening marks an end to one of the numerous construction packages included in the $320-million Katrina Recapilization Plan. There are a couple of facilities on the Seabee Base that have yet to be completed as part of the plan.
Prior to the Fitness Center grand opening, Wicker and Taylor will join base officials in cutting ribbons on the Base Fire Station and the Naval Construction Training Commands Basic Enlisted Quarters signifying their official opening.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State