Naval facility officially in operation
GULFPORT — Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) will be the keynote speaker today at 2 p.m. for the official grand opening of the Naval Construction Battalion Center Fitness Center. Also in attendance will be: Congressman Gene Taylor (D-Miss.); Myrtis Franke, Gulfport Office of Cochran; John Kelly, Office of Mayor George Schloegel; and, Mayor Billie Skellie, Mayor of Long Beach as well as several military officials.
This grand opening marks an end to one of the numerous construction packages included in the $320-million Katrina Recapilization Plan. There are a couple of facilities on the Seabee Base that have yet to be completed as part of the plan.
Prior to the Fitness Center grand opening, Wicker and Taylor will join base officials in cutting ribbons on the Base Fire Station and the Naval Construction Training Commands Basic Enlisted Quarters signifying their official opening.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal