Nominations sought for invention competition
by Wally Northway
Published: September 28,2009
HATTIESBURG — Noetic Technologies Inc. is now accepting entries for the sixth-annual “Invent Your Future!” competition.
Invent Your Future is the invention competition featuring a total of $20,000 in cash prizes as well as in-kind prizes. The technology-oriented competition is designed to identify innovative ideas in Mississippi and the surrounding region, and to foster their commercial potential.
The deadline for entry submissions is March 19, 2010. Finalists will be selected for the live competition April 27, 2010, in The Accelerator, the flagship building in The Garden, Hattiesburg’s new innovation and commercialization park. Final contenders are given the opportunity to make a 10-minute presentation followed by five minutes of questions from a panel of three external judges who will select the winners.
“This will be the first year the competition will be held in The Accelerator,” said Kelli Booth, vice president of marketing for Noetic. “We are excited about this new venue, because it will allow our finalists to interact with the thriving startup companies located in The Accelerator. They can see firsthand what opportunities are available to assist in the commercialization of their invention.”
For entry rules and form, visit www.noetictechnologies.com and click the “Invent Your Future!” logo on the homepage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas