Nominations sought for invention competition
Published: September 28,2009
HATTIESBURG — Noetic Technologies Inc. is now accepting entries for the sixth-annual “Invent Your Future!” competition.
Invent Your Future is the invention competition featuring a total of $20,000 in cash prizes as well as in-kind prizes. The technology-oriented competition is designed to identify innovative ideas in Mississippi and the surrounding region, and to foster their commercial potential.
The deadline for entry submissions is March 19, 2010. Finalists will be selected for the live competition April 27, 2010, in The Accelerator, the flagship building in The Garden, Hattiesburg’s new innovation and commercialization park. Final contenders are given the opportunity to make a 10-minute presentation followed by five minutes of questions from a panel of three external judges who will select the winners.
“This will be the first year the competition will be held in The Accelerator,” said Kelli Booth, vice president of marketing for Noetic. “We are excited about this new venue, because it will allow our finalists to interact with the thriving startup companies located in The Accelerator. They can see firsthand what opportunities are available to assist in the commercialization of their invention.”
For entry rules and form, visit www.noetictechnologies.com and click the “Invent Your Future!” logo on the homepage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment