Baptist utilizing new technology
MEMPHIS — Baptist Memorial Health Care has selected the Allscripts’ Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Practice Management (PM) solution to automate and connect clinical and business functions for their 65 employed physicians and the more than 3,100 independent physicians affiliated with the health system’s 15 hospitals in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
“To support Baptist’s goal of providing compassionate, safe, high-quality care for patients, Allscripts will enable our physicians to utilize a state-of-the-art clinical documentation and practice management system.” said Richard Drewry, M.D., chief medical officer of Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. “We believe Allscripts will help us practice better medicine and more efficient care by providing immediate access to evidence-based best practices at the point of care.”
Allscripts will implement the solution first for the 65 physicians employed in Baptist’s Minor Medical Centers, or urgent care centers. Non-employed community physicians will be offered the Allscripts solution later via the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model.
Baptist and Allscripts expect to announce details of the solution for community physicians in the next few months. Physicians will pay one fixed monthly fee for the Electronic Health Record and Practice Management solution, including all implementation, Web hosting, support and other costs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years