Baptist utilizing new technology
MEMPHIS — Baptist Memorial Health Care has selected the Allscripts’ Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Practice Management (PM) solution to automate and connect clinical and business functions for their 65 employed physicians and the more than 3,100 independent physicians affiliated with the health system’s 15 hospitals in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
“To support Baptist’s goal of providing compassionate, safe, high-quality care for patients, Allscripts will enable our physicians to utilize a state-of-the-art clinical documentation and practice management system.” said Richard Drewry, M.D., chief medical officer of Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. “We believe Allscripts will help us practice better medicine and more efficient care by providing immediate access to evidence-based best practices at the point of care.”
Allscripts will implement the solution first for the 65 physicians employed in Baptist’s Minor Medical Centers, or urgent care centers. Non-employed community physicians will be offered the Allscripts solution later via the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model.
Baptist and Allscripts expect to announce details of the solution for community physicians in the next few months. Physicians will pay one fixed monthly fee for the Electronic Health Record and Practice Management solution, including all implementation, Web hosting, support and other costs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet