Baptist utilizing new technology
MEMPHIS — Baptist Memorial Health Care has selected the Allscripts’ Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Practice Management (PM) solution to automate and connect clinical and business functions for their 65 employed physicians and the more than 3,100 independent physicians affiliated with the health system’s 15 hospitals in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
“To support Baptist’s goal of providing compassionate, safe, high-quality care for patients, Allscripts will enable our physicians to utilize a state-of-the-art clinical documentation and practice management system.” said Richard Drewry, M.D., chief medical officer of Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. “We believe Allscripts will help us practice better medicine and more efficient care by providing immediate access to evidence-based best practices at the point of care.”
Allscripts will implement the solution first for the 65 physicians employed in Baptist’s Minor Medical Centers, or urgent care centers. Non-employed community physicians will be offered the Allscripts solution later via the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model.
Baptist and Allscripts expect to announce details of the solution for community physicians in the next few months. Physicians will pay one fixed monthly fee for the Electronic Health Record and Practice Management solution, including all implementation, Web hosting, support and other costs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss