Cooperatives receiving grants from USDA
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Department of Agriculture ( USDA) has selected 10 organizations in eight states to receive $1.4 million in grants to assist small, socially disadvantaged agricultural producers and cooperatives in rural areas.
This funding is being awarded through USDA Rural Development’s Small, Socially Disadvantaged Producer Grant Program, which is part of the department’s ongoing effort to expand outreach to rural residents to ensure that all communities have equal access to USDA programs and services. Funding is being awarded to cooperatives or associations of cooperatives where at least 75 percent of the governing board or membership has annual gross agricultural product sales of $250,000 or less in the last three years. Grants can be used for product improvements, business plan development or economic development activities.
In Mississippi, the Winston County Self-Help Cooperative has been awarded a $175,000 grant while the Mississippi Association of Cooperatives is to receive a $174,770 grant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Cooperatives receiving grants from USDA”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November