Stein Mart again assisting Salvation Army
JACKSON — Based on the success of two previous events, Stein Mart has again partnered with The Salvation Army for the national Give & Receive clothing drive, Oct. 1-3.
Stein Mart and The Salvation Army have decided to team up for the second time in 2009 to help those who might be in need of clothes for the winter season. Shoppers who bring clean, gently used garments in good condition to any Stein Mart store during the Give & Receive event will receive savings on new fall fashions and much more.
Stein Mart previously teamed with The Salvation Army for Give & Receive events in Oct. 2008 and Feb. 2009. In total, approximately 800,000 pieces of clothing have been donated by Stein Mart shoppers to help replenish The Salvation Army Thrift and Family Stores. All proceeds from the Thrift and Family Stores directly support The Salvation Army’s Adult Rehabilitation Centers, where over 340,000 men and women turned their lives around in 2008.
For each item donated, contributors will receive up to four coupons for 20 percent off any item. Tables will be manned with Salvation Army volunteers from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. during this event.
“We are proud to once again partner with Salvation Army,” said Stein Mart chairman Jay Stein. “Our loyal customers continuously step up to join us in our efforts to support this valued organization. We are honored to again have this opportunity to help those in need and hope to make this an ongoing initiative.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets