Stein Mart again assisting Salvation Army
JACKSON — Based on the success of two previous events, Stein Mart has again partnered with The Salvation Army for the national Give & Receive clothing drive, Oct. 1-3.
Stein Mart and The Salvation Army have decided to team up for the second time in 2009 to help those who might be in need of clothes for the winter season. Shoppers who bring clean, gently used garments in good condition to any Stein Mart store during the Give & Receive event will receive savings on new fall fashions and much more.
Stein Mart previously teamed with The Salvation Army for Give & Receive events in Oct. 2008 and Feb. 2009. In total, approximately 800,000 pieces of clothing have been donated by Stein Mart shoppers to help replenish The Salvation Army Thrift and Family Stores. All proceeds from the Thrift and Family Stores directly support The Salvation Army’s Adult Rehabilitation Centers, where over 340,000 men and women turned their lives around in 2008.
For each item donated, contributors will receive up to four coupons for 20 percent off any item. Tables will be manned with Salvation Army volunteers from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. during this event.
“We are proud to once again partner with Salvation Army,” said Stein Mart chairman Jay Stein. “Our loyal customers continuously step up to join us in our efforts to support this valued organization. We are honored to again have this opportunity to help those in need and hope to make this an ongoing initiative.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability