Rapiscan to produce systems on Coast
OCEAN SPRINGS — OSI Systems Inc.’s security division, Rapiscan Systems, has received an order from the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) valued at approximately $25 million for multiple units of its Secure 1000 Single Pose advanced checkpoint security screening solution.
The Secure 1000 Single Pose systems will be manufactured at OSI’s facility in Ocean Springs.
The order is the first to be placed under the terms of OSI’s recently awarded, $173-million indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract from the TSA for advanced imaging technology (AIT) solutions.
The Secure 1000 Single Pose uses advanced backscatter technology and proprietary image processing software to rapidly detect potential threats that may be concealed on passengers at aviation checkpoints. Following rigorous testing, TSA selected the Rapiscan Secure 1000 Single Pose to be the first and to date only system qualified under the AIT program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data