Contractor program coming to Delta town
MOUND BAYOU — On Oct. 14, the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) will open the latest round of the Model Contractor Development Program workshop series in the Delta town of Mound Bayou. The program orientation session is scheduled from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. in the Mound Bayou City Hall Board Room at 106 Green Avenue.
The workshop series is designed to teach small contractors the necessary business practices to improve their companies’ operations and to increase their bonding capacity. The Model Contractor Development Program is open to all small contractors.
Each participating contractor must enroll in the Mississippi Procurement Technical Assistance Network (www.mscpc.com) and the company’s representatives must agree to attend all six sessions.
Bob Covington with MDA’s Minority and Small Business Development Division, which is administering the workshop series, said, “By working with partners in both the private and public sector, we can provide a greater variety of tangible resources, which can mean the difference between a business growing and thriving or struggling to survive in today’s uncertain business climate.”
MDA is sponsoring the workshop series in cooperation with The Surety & Fidelity Association of America. Other sponsors include the City of Mound Bayou, Delta State University Center for Community and Economic Development, Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce, Delta Contract Procurement Center, Ron Matthews Construction and The Eddie Johnson and Family Foundation.
The remaining workshops will be held on Wednesday nights through Nov. 18 from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. All sessions will convene at the Mound Bayou City Hall Board Room.
There is no charge for the workshop series; however, all participants must pre-register. For more information or registration details, visit www.mscpc.com and click on events for Oct. 14 or contact MDA at (601) 359.3448.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones