Contractor program coming to Delta town
MOUND BAYOU — On Oct. 14, the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) will open the latest round of the Model Contractor Development Program workshop series in the Delta town of Mound Bayou. The program orientation session is scheduled from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. in the Mound Bayou City Hall Board Room at 106 Green Avenue.
The workshop series is designed to teach small contractors the necessary business practices to improve their companies’ operations and to increase their bonding capacity. The Model Contractor Development Program is open to all small contractors.
Each participating contractor must enroll in the Mississippi Procurement Technical Assistance Network (www.mscpc.com) and the company’s representatives must agree to attend all six sessions.
Bob Covington with MDA’s Minority and Small Business Development Division, which is administering the workshop series, said, “By working with partners in both the private and public sector, we can provide a greater variety of tangible resources, which can mean the difference between a business growing and thriving or struggling to survive in today’s uncertain business climate.”
MDA is sponsoring the workshop series in cooperation with The Surety & Fidelity Association of America. Other sponsors include the City of Mound Bayou, Delta State University Center for Community and Economic Development, Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce, Delta Contract Procurement Center, Ron Matthews Construction and The Eddie Johnson and Family Foundation.
The remaining workshops will be held on Wednesday nights through Nov. 18 from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. All sessions will convene at the Mound Bayou City Hall Board Room.
There is no charge for the workshop series; however, all participants must pre-register. For more information or registration details, visit www.mscpc.com and click on events for Oct. 14 or contact MDA at (601) 359.3448.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force