Entergy entries make finals
JACKSON — Eight entries by Entergy Corporation have been named finalists in the annual Platts Global Energy Awards, including Industry Leadership, Power Company of the Year and CEO of the Year.
According to New Orleans-based Entergy, it had twice as many finalist entries as any other company. The eight finalists bring to 47 the total Entergy submissions to earn that honor during the past 11 years of the competition, far more than any other energy corporation worldwide. In addition, only three other companies have won as many awards as Entergy.
Entergy chairman and CEO J. Wayne Leonard was named a finalist for CEO of the Year for a record ninth consecutive year for his leadership, efforts to spin-off Entergy’s non-utility nuclear plants and his advocacy of a robust federal policy to combat climate change. He won the award in 2003.
The company’s work in support of mandatory, economically sound regulation of greenhouse gas emissions also was the basis for its selection as a finalist for the Industry Leadership Award. It is the latest recognition of Entergy’s efforts to combat climate change. The company was recently named for the eighth straight year to the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index and honored for the sixth consecutive year by the Carbon Disclosure Project for its approach to climate change.
In addition, Entergy was included among the Power Company of the Year finalists for its overall performance, including its commitment to protecting the environment, its safety record, innovation and financial results. Entergy won this category in 2002 and 2003.
Other entries included among the finalists were:
• Entergy’s low-income customer assistance initiative and Jackson-based Entergy Nuclear’s research and development program at universities across its service territory, both competing for the Community Development Award
• Entergy New Orleans Inc.’s ongoing reconstruction of the city’s natural gas distribution system in the wake of flooding from Hurricane Katrina for the Infrastructure Project of the Year Award
• Entergy Texas Inc.’s development and installation of state-of-the-art automatic load transfer technology to its power distribution system.
• Entergy Arkansas Inc.’s infrastructure design for providing additional service to the University of Arkansas Medical System’s research hospital in Little Rock
The winners will be announced Dec. 3 in New York City.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast