KMP completes Crosstex purchase
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P., (KMP) has closed on the previously announced transaction to purchase the natural gas treating business from Crosstex Energy, L.P., and Crosstex Energy Inc. for approximately $266 million, including working capital and closing adjustments.
“We are pleased to broaden the footprint of our natural gas business with this transaction which provides us with additional fee-based assets that produce stable cash flow,” said Richard D. Kinder, chairman and CEO of Houston, Texas-based KMP. “This acquisition is expected to be immediately accretive to cash distributable to KMP unitholders.”
KMP purchased approximately 290 amine-treating and dew-point control plants predominantly located in Texas and Louisiana, with additional facilities in Mississippi, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Kansas. The company will offer these natural gas treating services to its Texas Intrastate customers and to other producers in various supply basins, including the rapidly developing shale plays.
According to KMP, the transaction makes it the largest provider of contracted natural gas treating services in the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill