KMP completes Crosstex purchase
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P., (KMP) has closed on the previously announced transaction to purchase the natural gas treating business from Crosstex Energy, L.P., and Crosstex Energy Inc. for approximately $266 million, including working capital and closing adjustments.
“We are pleased to broaden the footprint of our natural gas business with this transaction which provides us with additional fee-based assets that produce stable cash flow,” said Richard D. Kinder, chairman and CEO of Houston, Texas-based KMP. “This acquisition is expected to be immediately accretive to cash distributable to KMP unitholders.”
KMP purchased approximately 290 amine-treating and dew-point control plants predominantly located in Texas and Louisiana, with additional facilities in Mississippi, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Kansas. The company will offer these natural gas treating services to its Texas Intrastate customers and to other producers in various supply basins, including the rapidly developing shale plays.
According to KMP, the transaction makes it the largest provider of contracted natural gas treating services in the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate