Maron reappointed to another term
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 5,2009
Elizabeth Lee Maron, a partner in Adams and Reese, LLP’s, Jackson office, has been reappointed by the Mississippi Supreme Court for a third term to the Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education. Maron was appointed by Justice Jim Kitchens, and in July, the commission members elected Maron to serve as chairman for 2009-2010.
Maron is a partner in the Special Business Services Practice Group at Adams and Reese where her legal practice focuses on education law, employment law, real estate transactions and general litigation. She is a frequent speaker on employment and education issues and provides training for clients on avoiding harassment and discrimination claims.
Maron is active in the community, having served as chairman of the Arts and Education Focus Team for the Junior League of Jackson and as a member of the Junior League’s Community Council. In 2004, she was named as one of Mississippi’s “Top 40 Under 40″ by the Mississippi Business Journal. Maron was selected as one of Mississippi’s 50 Leading Business Women, 2005-2006, and was selected to participate in Leadership Mississippi, 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal