Maron reappointed to another term
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 5,2009
Elizabeth Lee Maron, a partner in Adams and Reese, LLP’s, Jackson office, has been reappointed by the Mississippi Supreme Court for a third term to the Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education. Maron was appointed by Justice Jim Kitchens, and in July, the commission members elected Maron to serve as chairman for 2009-2010.
Maron is a partner in the Special Business Services Practice Group at Adams and Reese where her legal practice focuses on education law, employment law, real estate transactions and general litigation. She is a frequent speaker on employment and education issues and provides training for clients on avoiding harassment and discrimination claims.
Maron is active in the community, having served as chairman of the Arts and Education Focus Team for the Junior League of Jackson and as a member of the Junior League’s Community Council. In 2004, she was named as one of Mississippi’s “Top 40 Under 40″ by the Mississippi Business Journal. Maron was selected as one of Mississippi’s 50 Leading Business Women, 2005-2006, and was selected to participate in Leadership Mississippi, 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs