Mississippi’s hotel prices among lowest in country
According to the hotels.com Hotel Price Index (HPI), Mississippi had the lowest average price per room per night among Southern states, dropping 11 percent from last year.
The HPI also found that Florida cities were among the most popular U.S. destinations for domestic and international travelers.
Florida and Georgia experienced the greatest drop in lodging prices among Southern states with a 14 percent decrease in both states over a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators