Mississippi’s hotel prices among lowest in country
According to the hotels.com Hotel Price Index (HPI), Mississippi had the lowest average price per room per night among Southern states, dropping 11 percent from last year.
The HPI also found that Florida cities were among the most popular U.S. destinations for domestic and international travelers.
Florida and Georgia experienced the greatest drop in lodging prices among Southern states with a 14 percent decrease in both states over a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping