Mississippi’s hotel prices among lowest in country
According to the hotels.com Hotel Price Index (HPI), Mississippi had the lowest average price per room per night among Southern states, dropping 11 percent from last year.
The HPI also found that Florida cities were among the most popular U.S. destinations for domestic and international travelers.
Florida and Georgia experienced the greatest drop in lodging prices among Southern states with a 14 percent decrease in both states over a year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'