Noxubee County Alliance kicks off initiative
The Noxubee Alliance recently launched an initiative to provide high-speed Internet access to all residents of Noxubee County.
Alliance officials have been working since June with a consortium of 41 Mississippi counties currently underserved by high-speed Internet. The consortium submitted an application in August seeking a portion of federal stimulus funding dedicated to high-speed Internet access in rural or underserved areas.
“Access to high-speed Internet is as important today for economic development as access to electricity and paved roads once were. Greater access is essential for us to diversify our economy and attract new residents. Even the limited number of residents and businesses who currently have access should benefit. Competition tends to drive down prices and improve service,” said Brian Wilson, Alliance executive director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi