Noxubee County Alliance kicks off initiative
The Noxubee Alliance recently launched an initiative to provide high-speed Internet access to all residents of Noxubee County.
Alliance officials have been working since June with a consortium of 41 Mississippi counties currently underserved by high-speed Internet. The consortium submitted an application in August seeking a portion of federal stimulus funding dedicated to high-speed Internet access in rural or underserved areas.
“Access to high-speed Internet is as important today for economic development as access to electricity and paved roads once were. Greater access is essential for us to diversify our economy and attract new residents. Even the limited number of residents and businesses who currently have access should benefit. Competition tends to drive down prices and improve service,” said Brian Wilson, Alliance executive director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line