Noxubee County Alliance kicks off initiative
The Noxubee Alliance recently launched an initiative to provide high-speed Internet access to all residents of Noxubee County.
Alliance officials have been working since June with a consortium of 41 Mississippi counties currently underserved by high-speed Internet. The consortium submitted an application in August seeking a portion of federal stimulus funding dedicated to high-speed Internet access in rural or underserved areas.
“Access to high-speed Internet is as important today for economic development as access to electricity and paved roads once were. Greater access is essential for us to diversify our economy and attract new residents. Even the limited number of residents and businesses who currently have access should benefit. Competition tends to drive down prices and improve service,” said Brian Wilson, Alliance executive director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property