Noxubee County Alliance kicks off initiative
The Noxubee Alliance recently launched an initiative to provide high-speed Internet access to all residents of Noxubee County.
Alliance officials have been working since June with a consortium of 41 Mississippi counties currently underserved by high-speed Internet. The consortium submitted an application in August seeking a portion of federal stimulus funding dedicated to high-speed Internet access in rural or underserved areas.
“Access to high-speed Internet is as important today for economic development as access to electricity and paved roads once were. Greater access is essential for us to diversify our economy and attract new residents. Even the limited number of residents and businesses who currently have access should benefit. Competition tends to drive down prices and improve service,” said Brian Wilson, Alliance executive director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow