Noxubee County Alliance kicks off initiative
The Noxubee Alliance recently launched an initiative to provide high-speed Internet access to all residents of Noxubee County.
Alliance officials have been working since June with a consortium of 41 Mississippi counties currently underserved by high-speed Internet. The consortium submitted an application in August seeking a portion of federal stimulus funding dedicated to high-speed Internet access in rural or underserved areas.
“Access to high-speed Internet is as important today for economic development as access to electricity and paved roads once were. Greater access is essential for us to diversify our economy and attract new residents. Even the limited number of residents and businesses who currently have access should benefit. Competition tends to drive down prices and improve service,” said Brian Wilson, Alliance executive director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo