SemiSouth product finds customer
STARKVILLE — SemiSouth Laboratories, an innovator in silicon carbide (SiC) power devices, announced that its breakthrough product, a highly efficient, normally-off SiC JFET, has been adopted for the first time by a consumer electronics company for use in a new audiophile-quality power amplifier.
The new J2 Power Amplifier, designed by audio innovator Nelson Pass for First Watt, a high-quality amplifier specialist, features SemiSouth’s SJEP120R100.
SemiSouth believes this is the first SiC transistor to enter production in the audio amplifier market. The JFET has traditionally been featured in rapidly growing markets for solar inverters and server and telecom power supplies, among others. It offers several benefits over comparable transistors, including higher system efficiencies, higher switching frequencies and lower conduction losses.
Dr. Jeff Casady, SemiSouth’s chief technology officer and vice president of business development, said, “We are really pleased and honored to be working with a designer of Nelson Pass’ caliber, and pleased he chose to use the highly linear, low-noise characteristics of our JFET in this new exciting product. It continues to show the versatility and performance of our cost-effective SiC JFET transistor technology.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “SemiSouth product finds customer”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip