SemiSouth product finds customer
STARKVILLE — SemiSouth Laboratories, an innovator in silicon carbide (SiC) power devices, announced that its breakthrough product, a highly efficient, normally-off SiC JFET, has been adopted for the first time by a consumer electronics company for use in a new audiophile-quality power amplifier.
The new J2 Power Amplifier, designed by audio innovator Nelson Pass for First Watt, a high-quality amplifier specialist, features SemiSouth’s SJEP120R100.
SemiSouth believes this is the first SiC transistor to enter production in the audio amplifier market. The JFET has traditionally been featured in rapidly growing markets for solar inverters and server and telecom power supplies, among others. It offers several benefits over comparable transistors, including higher system efficiencies, higher switching frequencies and lower conduction losses.
Dr. Jeff Casady, SemiSouth’s chief technology officer and vice president of business development, said, “We are really pleased and honored to be working with a designer of Nelson Pass’ caliber, and pleased he chose to use the highly linear, low-noise characteristics of our JFET in this new exciting product. It continues to show the versatility and performance of our cost-effective SiC JFET transistor technology.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “SemiSouth product finds customer”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)