SemiSouth product finds customer
STARKVILLE — SemiSouth Laboratories, an innovator in silicon carbide (SiC) power devices, announced that its breakthrough product, a highly efficient, normally-off SiC JFET, has been adopted for the first time by a consumer electronics company for use in a new audiophile-quality power amplifier.
The new J2 Power Amplifier, designed by audio innovator Nelson Pass for First Watt, a high-quality amplifier specialist, features SemiSouth’s SJEP120R100.
SemiSouth believes this is the first SiC transistor to enter production in the audio amplifier market. The JFET has traditionally been featured in rapidly growing markets for solar inverters and server and telecom power supplies, among others. It offers several benefits over comparable transistors, including higher system efficiencies, higher switching frequencies and lower conduction losses.
Dr. Jeff Casady, SemiSouth’s chief technology officer and vice president of business development, said, “We are really pleased and honored to be working with a designer of Nelson Pass’ caliber, and pleased he chose to use the highly linear, low-noise characteristics of our JFET in this new exciting product. It continues to show the versatility and performance of our cost-effective SiC JFET transistor technology.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “SemiSouth product finds customer”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public