Magazine touts city for retirement
PASCAGOULA — The City of Pascagoula is featured in Where to Retire magazine. The Nov./Dec. 2009 issue profiles eight cities and towns with moderating economies or lower-than-average unemployment rates that it deems worthy of this honor.
Along with Pascagoula, the list features: Rapid City, S.D.; Billings, Mt.; Baton Rouge, La.; Bradenton, Fla.; Boulder, Col.; Portland, Maine; and Provo, Utah.
Where to Retire magazine was launched in 1992 with the goal of helping readers find the ideal place to retire. The feature states that “a more active generation who wants to stay involved is reworking retirement today. Each year, 700,000 Americans move to new towns to retire.”
The magazine has a national average circulation of 220,000 and an average readership of 500,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds