Trucking company wins environmental award
JACKSON — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and its SmartWay Transport Partnership has recognized U.S. Xpress Enterprises Inc., which owns 90 percent of Total Transportation of Mississippi, with a SmartWay Environmental Excellence Award.
The award recognized the leadership displayed by U.S. Xpress in conserving energy, lowering greenhouse gas emissions and reducing the company’s overall carbon footprint through a variety of progressive approaches.
U.S. Xpress went through a detailed application process to be considered for the award. Officials from the EPA evaluated the application, which included the company’s strategies and results from implementing improved aerodynamics on its tractors and trailers, the use of wide-based tires, continued growth in its intermodal program, the use of on-board heaters and an engine idle reduction program.
The SmartWay Transport Partnership includes more than 2,100 carriers, customers and organizations related to the trucking industry. Of that total membership, only 37 companies and organizations received SmartWay Environmental Excellence Awards this year.
“I commend U.S. Xpress for its leadership in promoting sustainable transportation practices through the SmartWay Transport Partnership,” said Margo T. Oge, director of the Office of Transportation and Air Quality at the EPA. “These actions demonstrate a commitment to a cleaner environment and more secure energy supply.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring