CCCS gets largest-ever grant
by Wally Northway
Published: October 8,2009
Tags: credit counseling
JACKSON — Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS) of Greater Atlanta has received a $3.5-million grant to support its national foreclosure prevention counseling efforts in several metropolitan areas. This will enable CCCS of Greater Atlanta to provide more foreclosure counseling than ever before to homeowners in danger of foreclosure.
Funds from this grant will enable CCCS of Greater Atlanta to conduct 18,400 foreclosure prevention counseling sessions.
The grant to support CCCS of Greater Atlanta’s foreclosure intervention efforts was provided by funds from the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program. The initial funding was provided by Congress in the fiscal 2008 Consolidated Appropriations Act. Additional funding was provided through the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 and the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009.
The National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program is administered through a competitive application process by NeighborWorks America, within guidelines defined by Congressional legislation. NeighborWorks America is an independent, Congressionally-chartered non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., with a mission to provide access to sustainable homeownership and safe, affordable rental housing.
The $3.5-million grant is the highest amount awarded to any single organization by NeighborWorks America.
CCCS of Greater Atlanta serves clients in all 50 states and has 33 offices in four states. It is the headquarters for the CredAbility Network, a family of agencies serving consumers in north Georgia, south and central Florida, middle Mississippi and east Tennessee, as well as nationally via telephone and Internet.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software