Workers eligible for TAA benefits
AMORY — The U.S. Department of Labor has announced that approximately 8,600 workers from companies in 17 states, including Mississippi, are eligible to apply for Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA).
Here in Mississippi, affected workers of True Temper Sports Inc. in Amory are eligible.
Workers covered by these latest TAA certifications will be contacted by their respective states with instructions on how to apply for individual benefits and services. Those who apply may receive case management and re-employment services, training in new occupational skills and trade readjustment allowances that provide income support for workers enrolled in training. Some workers may also receive job search and relocation allowances and the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC).
Workers 50 years of age and older may elect to receive Re-employment Trade Adjustment Assistance (RTAA). If a worker obtains new employment at wages less than $55,000 and less than those earned in adversely affected employment, the RTAA program will pay 50 percent of the difference between the old wage and the new wage, up to $12,000 over a two-year period. RTAA participants may also be eligible for retraining and the HCTC.
For more information on Trade Adjustment Assistance and the range of Department of Labor employment and training services, visit www.doleta.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy