Workers eligible for TAA benefits
AMORY — The U.S. Department of Labor has announced that approximately 8,600 workers from companies in 17 states, including Mississippi, are eligible to apply for Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA).
Here in Mississippi, affected workers of True Temper Sports Inc. in Amory are eligible.
Workers covered by these latest TAA certifications will be contacted by their respective states with instructions on how to apply for individual benefits and services. Those who apply may receive case management and re-employment services, training in new occupational skills and trade readjustment allowances that provide income support for workers enrolled in training. Some workers may also receive job search and relocation allowances and the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC).
Workers 50 years of age and older may elect to receive Re-employment Trade Adjustment Assistance (RTAA). If a worker obtains new employment at wages less than $55,000 and less than those earned in adversely affected employment, the RTAA program will pay 50 percent of the difference between the old wage and the new wage, up to $12,000 over a two-year period. RTAA participants may also be eligible for retraining and the HCTC.
For more information on Trade Adjustment Assistance and the range of Department of Labor employment and training services, visit www.doleta.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)