Barry elected CLARB president
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
The Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) has elected Temple W. Barry president of its 2009-10 board of directors. Barry is president of Lakeland Associates, LLC/Barry Landscape Inc., a Jackson-based landscape firm. He has held leadership positions with CLARB since 1999, serving as president-elect (2009), as vice president (2008), CLARB’s Region III director (2007), C2Ed/Outreach Committee chairman and member of the Executive Director Search Committee. Closer to home, he is an active member of Mississippi’s landscape architectural community and has been appointed to the Mississippi State Landscape Architecture Advisory Committee by four Mississippi governors, including Gov. Haley Barbour.
Barry served on Mississippi State University’s Landscape Architecture Advisory Board for many years and has won several merit and honor awards from the Mississippi chapter of ASLA. Barry earned his BA from Mississippi State University in 1975.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015