Barry elected CLARB president
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
The Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) has elected Temple W. Barry president of its 2009-10 board of directors. Barry is president of Lakeland Associates, LLC/Barry Landscape Inc., a Jackson-based landscape firm. He has held leadership positions with CLARB since 1999, serving as president-elect (2009), as vice president (2008), CLARB’s Region III director (2007), C2Ed/Outreach Committee chairman and member of the Executive Director Search Committee. Closer to home, he is an active member of Mississippi’s landscape architectural community and has been appointed to the Mississippi State Landscape Architecture Advisory Committee by four Mississippi governors, including Gov. Haley Barbour.
Barry served on Mississippi State University’s Landscape Architecture Advisory Board for many years and has won several merit and honor awards from the Mississippi chapter of ASLA. Barry earned his BA from Mississippi State University in 1975.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain