Barry elected CLARB president
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
The Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) has elected Temple W. Barry president of its 2009-10 board of directors. Barry is president of Lakeland Associates, LLC/Barry Landscape Inc., a Jackson-based landscape firm. He has held leadership positions with CLARB since 1999, serving as president-elect (2009), as vice president (2008), CLARB’s Region III director (2007), C2Ed/Outreach Committee chairman and member of the Executive Director Search Committee. Closer to home, he is an active member of Mississippi’s landscape architectural community and has been appointed to the Mississippi State Landscape Architecture Advisory Committee by four Mississippi governors, including Gov. Haley Barbour.
Barry served on Mississippi State University’s Landscape Architecture Advisory Board for many years and has won several merit and honor awards from the Mississippi chapter of ASLA. Barry earned his BA from Mississippi State University in 1975.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones