Barry elected CLARB president
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
The Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (CLARB) has elected Temple W. Barry president of its 2009-10 board of directors. Barry is president of Lakeland Associates, LLC/Barry Landscape Inc., a Jackson-based landscape firm. He has held leadership positions with CLARB since 1999, serving as president-elect (2009), as vice president (2008), CLARB’s Region III director (2007), C2Ed/Outreach Committee chairman and member of the Executive Director Search Committee. Closer to home, he is an active member of Mississippi’s landscape architectural community and has been appointed to the Mississippi State Landscape Architecture Advisory Committee by four Mississippi governors, including Gov. Haley Barbour.
Barry served on Mississippi State University’s Landscape Architecture Advisory Board for many years and has won several merit and honor awards from the Mississippi chapter of ASLA. Barry earned his BA from Mississippi State University in 1975.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K