Cochran joins Air Force Caucus
WASHINGTON — Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) has joined the Air Force Caucus, an organization for members of Congress who are interested in issues affecting the U.S. Air Force and Air National Guard.
Cochran is the ranking Republican on the Senate Defense Appropriations Subcommittee as well as the overall Senate Appropriations Committee.
“There are a number of mission-related challenges facing Air Force installations in Mississippi and this group should give me another venue for representing those interests,” Cochran said.
The caucus provides a forum for members of Congress, their staffs and Air Force leaders to interact on a variety of issues facing the Air Force and Air National Guard. Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) is also a member of this group.
Cochran noted that approximately two-thirds of the active duty personnel stationed in Mississippi are in the Air Force. In addition, the multiple Air Force installations in Mississippi face challenges, including: Keesler Air Force Base at Biloxi, which continues to recover damage caused by Hurricane Katrina and is expanding to host a new cyber training mission; Key Field Air National Guard Base at Meridian, which needs an operational flying mission to replace the aerial refueling mission it will lose next year; Thompson Field Air National Guard Base at Jackson; and, Columbus Air Force Base.
Cochran is also a member of the Senate National Guard Caucus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Cochran joins Air Force Caucus”
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office