Keeping Our Eye On: Kristin Allen
Education: BA in Journalism and Mass Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and News Writing, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Current Position: Assistant Vice President, Public Relations Officer, BankPlus
“If someone had told me five years ago that I would be moving to Mississippi and working for a bank, I never would have believed them,” Allen says.
The Raleigh, N.C. native was promoted to Assistant Vice President at BankPlus in July 2008 and admits that a typical day as the bank’s public relations officer involves “a little bit of everything.”
Allen manages the bank’s public relations, statewide events, sponsorships, and charitable contributions. “This keeps me very busy and has afforded me the opportunity to meet people from all over Mississippi,” she says. Allen also edits BankPlus’ employee newsletter and coordinates all meetings and correspondence for the BancPlus Corp. Board of Directors.
“My career highlight to date is without question the opening of the Eli Manning Children’s Clinics at the Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children earlier this spring,” Allen says. She helped coordinate the clinic’s major fundraising event An Evening With the Mannings along with Sara Ray, wife of BankPlus CEO Bill Ray. The $2.5 million, five-year campaign has raised over $1.8 million for the hospital.
Allen says she is very lucky to be surrounded by strong Mississippians such as her husband Sidney Allen Jr. and his family, and Sara and Bill Ray.
“They have helped make Mississippi my home, a place I will continuously work hard to make better.”
Allen is an active member of the Junior League of Jackson, volunteers for the American Heart Association and is a board member of the Friends of Children’s Hospital. She also works as an alumni advisor for the University of North Carolina and is in the process of starting the Mississippi Chapter of the UNC General Alumni Association.
Mississippi’s best kept secret:
the Delta (my husband and I love it so much, we named our dog Delta)
Must-have Mississippi food:
Mister Bill’s Catfish
the Grove at Ole Miss on Game Day
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy