L-3 Vertex to support contract
MADISON — Alenia North America, a subsidiary of Alenia Aeronautica and part of the Finmeccanica Group, has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to provide logistic support and maintenance in Afghanistan for the C-27/G.222 aircraft currently being delivered for the Afghanistan National Army Air Corps (ANAAC).
The $7-million contract provides for additional logistic support and maintenance for the program. The logistical support in Afghanistan is being conducted by Alenia’s partner L-3 Vertex Aerospace.
The first refurbished and modernized C-27/G.222 aircraft was delivered to the USAF Sept. 25. Deliveries will continue through 2011. The first training class for USAF instructors is anticipated to “begin shortly.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity