L-3 Vertex to support contract
MADISON — Alenia North America, a subsidiary of Alenia Aeronautica and part of the Finmeccanica Group, has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to provide logistic support and maintenance in Afghanistan for the C-27/G.222 aircraft currently being delivered for the Afghanistan National Army Air Corps (ANAAC).
The $7-million contract provides for additional logistic support and maintenance for the program. The logistical support in Afghanistan is being conducted by Alenia’s partner L-3 Vertex Aerospace.
The first refurbished and modernized C-27/G.222 aircraft was delivered to the USAF Sept. 25. Deliveries will continue through 2011. The first training class for USAF instructors is anticipated to “begin shortly.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson