L-3 Vertex to support contract
MADISON — Alenia North America, a subsidiary of Alenia Aeronautica and part of the Finmeccanica Group, has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to provide logistic support and maintenance in Afghanistan for the C-27/G.222 aircraft currently being delivered for the Afghanistan National Army Air Corps (ANAAC).
The $7-million contract provides for additional logistic support and maintenance for the program. The logistical support in Afghanistan is being conducted by Alenia’s partner L-3 Vertex Aerospace.
The first refurbished and modernized C-27/G.222 aircraft was delivered to the USAF Sept. 25. Deliveries will continue through 2011. The first training class for USAF instructors is anticipated to “begin shortly.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015