L-3 Vertex to support contract
MADISON — Alenia North America, a subsidiary of Alenia Aeronautica and part of the Finmeccanica Group, has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to provide logistic support and maintenance in Afghanistan for the C-27/G.222 aircraft currently being delivered for the Afghanistan National Army Air Corps (ANAAC).
The $7-million contract provides for additional logistic support and maintenance for the program. The logistical support in Afghanistan is being conducted by Alenia’s partner L-3 Vertex Aerospace.
The first refurbished and modernized C-27/G.222 aircraft was delivered to the USAF Sept. 25. Deliveries will continue through 2011. The first training class for USAF instructors is anticipated to “begin shortly.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Baker Donelson recognized
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Coyotes are wily predators and pests in Mississippi
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur