L-3 Vertex to support contract
MADISON — Alenia North America, a subsidiary of Alenia Aeronautica and part of the Finmeccanica Group, has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to provide logistic support and maintenance in Afghanistan for the C-27/G.222 aircraft currently being delivered for the Afghanistan National Army Air Corps (ANAAC).
The $7-million contract provides for additional logistic support and maintenance for the program. The logistical support in Afghanistan is being conducted by Alenia’s partner L-3 Vertex Aerospace.
The first refurbished and modernized C-27/G.222 aircraft was delivered to the USAF Sept. 25. Deliveries will continue through 2011. The first training class for USAF instructors is anticipated to “begin shortly.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Plan would give up to $1.5M to music recording, concerts
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports