MEMA gives update on storm’s devastation
Published: October 12,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has given an update on the deaths, injuries and damage caused by storms that rolled through the state Oct. 9.
MEMA reports one person was killed, two injured and seven are displaced after a tornado ripped through mobile homes in the Wayside community of Washington County. Several other counties reported damage. They included Attala (trees down), Bolivar (trees and power lines down, one house with minor damage), Carroll (trees down), Humphreys (tree limbs downed and one camper rolled over), Leflore (trees down), Monroe (two homes uninhabitable; power lines down), Montgomery (one home with roof damage; trees down in Duck Hill community; trees down in Winona), Sunflower (numerous trees and power lines down; one home with roof damage) and Washington (approximately 15 mobile homes damaged; three mobile homes destroyed; one fatality because of an entrapment.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal