MEMA gives update on storm’s devastation
Published: October 12,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has given an update on the deaths, injuries and damage caused by storms that rolled through the state Oct. 9.
MEMA reports one person was killed, two injured and seven are displaced after a tornado ripped through mobile homes in the Wayside community of Washington County. Several other counties reported damage. They included Attala (trees down), Bolivar (trees and power lines down, one house with minor damage), Carroll (trees down), Humphreys (tree limbs downed and one camper rolled over), Leflore (trees down), Monroe (two homes uninhabitable; power lines down), Montgomery (one home with roof damage; trees down in Duck Hill community; trees down in Winona), Sunflower (numerous trees and power lines down; one home with roof damage) and Washington (approximately 15 mobile homes damaged; three mobile homes destroyed; one fatality because of an entrapment.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'