MEMA gives update on storm’s devastation
Published: October 12,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has given an update on the deaths, injuries and damage caused by storms that rolled through the state Oct. 9.
MEMA reports one person was killed, two injured and seven are displaced after a tornado ripped through mobile homes in the Wayside community of Washington County. Several other counties reported damage. They included Attala (trees down), Bolivar (trees and power lines down, one house with minor damage), Carroll (trees down), Humphreys (tree limbs downed and one camper rolled over), Leflore (trees down), Monroe (two homes uninhabitable; power lines down), Montgomery (one home with roof damage; trees down in Duck Hill community; trees down in Winona), Sunflower (numerous trees and power lines down; one home with roof damage) and Washington (approximately 15 mobile homes damaged; three mobile homes destroyed; one fatality because of an entrapment.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015