Mississippi’s first peanut seed certified
LUCEDALE — Mississippi agriculture will enter new territory when the first certified peanut seed grown in the state becomes available to growers in spring 2010. This industry first was achieved by brothers Mike and Heath Steede on 47 acres of their family-owned farm in Lucedale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison