Mississippi’s first peanut seed certified
LUCEDALE — Mississippi agriculture will enter new territory when the first certified peanut seed grown in the state becomes available to growers in spring 2010. This industry first was achieved by brothers Mike and Heath Steede on 47 acres of their family-owned farm in Lucedale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign