Mississippi’s first peanut seed certified
LUCEDALE — Mississippi agriculture will enter new territory when the first certified peanut seed grown in the state becomes available to growers in spring 2010. This industry first was achieved by brothers Mike and Heath Steede on 47 acres of their family-owned farm in Lucedale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams