MSU to focus on vendors
STARKVILLE — Officials at Mississippi State University (MSU) are seeking input from existing and prospective commercial vendors. During November, the university plans to sponsor a series of information-sharing sessions designed to improve connections with current and future business partners.
Organized by the Office of Procurement and Contracts, the “Doing Business with MSU” program currently is inviting input from interested sectors of the business community to determine what information should be presented during next month’s training and which goods-and-services providers would benefit most from the sessions.
“We always are looking for ways to maximize the return on university resources,” said procurement director Don Buffum. “Working with our vendors and potential business partners helps us achieve best practices, obtain quality goods and services, and advance MSU’s mission of teaching, research and service.”
The sessions complement other efficiency initiatives underway on campus, he added.
By Oct. 31, businesses interested in the November sessions should send to Judy Shaw at email@example.com or fax (662) 325-2135 the following information: company name; description of the business (office supplies, IT consulting, road construction, etc.); contact person; e-mail and postal mailing addresses; and, probable number of attendees.
For more information, visit www.procurement.msstate.edu.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life