New Phi Theta Kappa staff named
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
New staff appointments have been announced by Phi Theta Kappa executive director Rod A. Risley. Karri Chatham has accepted the position of administrative and gift records specialist. She most recently served as purchasing assistant at Beam Global Spirits in Chicago. Chatham attended Holmes Community College and is a member of Phi Theta Kappa. She earned a bachelor of science in marketing from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Mack Clements joins Phi Theta Kappa’s Center for Excellence staff as PC hardware technician. He most recently worked as a technical support analyst/engineer for Levi Strauss & Co. Clements received a bachelor of business administration from Belhaven College.
Luke Davis has been named chapter relations manager. Prior to joining the Phi Theta Kappa staff, he served as coordinator of residential life at the University of Missouri-Columbia and assistant director of housing and residential life at Webster University in St. Louis. Davis earned a bachelor of science in social and behavioral sciences from Western Kentucky University.
Tracy S. Kleven is as marketing and communications project manager. She has 10 years of experience in the marketing and advertising field and was most recently employed by Cellular South. Kleven received her bachelor of science degree in advertising and a master of science degree in communications from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Sarah Newman has accepted the position of web designer in the Marketing and Communications Department. Before joining the Phi Theta Kappa staff, Newman worked as a graphic design intern at the BluFish Design Studio in Starkville. She earned a bachelor of arts degree with an emphasis in graphic design from Mississippi State University.
Ron Philipowicz has been named business development manager for CollegeFish.org, Phi Theta Kappa’s interactive web site. Philipowicz previously served Rockhurst University as director for transfer admission and director of graduate admission for the Helzberg School of Management. He earned a bachelor of arts in industrial relations and a master of business administration from Rockhurst University.
Tracee Walker rejoins Phi Theta Kappa’s staff as web content editor in the Marketing and Communications Department. Walker has nine previous years of experience with Phi Theta Kappa as director of chapter programs. Walker was a member of Phi Theta Kappa at Hinds Community College, and attended Belhaven College, where she received a bachelor of arts in English.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren