OSI systems to be built on Mississippi Gulf Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
OCEAN SPRINGS — OSI Systems Inc.’s security division, Rapiscan Systems, has received an order from the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) valued at approximately $25 million for multiple units of its Secure 1000 Single Pose advanced checkpoint security screening solution.
The Secure 1000 Single Pose systems will be manufactured at OSI’s facility in Ocean Springs.
The order is the first to be placed under the terms of OSI’s recently awarded, $173-million indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract from the TSA for advanced imaging technology (AIT) solutions.
The Secure 1000 Single Pose uses advanced backscatter technology and proprietary image processing software to rapidly detect potential threats that may be concealed on passengers at aviation checkpoints. Following rigorous testing, TSA selected the Rapiscan Secure 1000 Single Pose to be the first and to date only system qualified under the AIT program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey