OSI systems to be built on Mississippi Gulf Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
OCEAN SPRINGS — OSI Systems Inc.’s security division, Rapiscan Systems, has received an order from the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) valued at approximately $25 million for multiple units of its Secure 1000 Single Pose advanced checkpoint security screening solution.
The Secure 1000 Single Pose systems will be manufactured at OSI’s facility in Ocean Springs.
The order is the first to be placed under the terms of OSI’s recently awarded, $173-million indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract from the TSA for advanced imaging technology (AIT) solutions.
The Secure 1000 Single Pose uses advanced backscatter technology and proprietary image processing software to rapidly detect potential threats that may be concealed on passengers at aviation checkpoints. Following rigorous testing, TSA selected the Rapiscan Secure 1000 Single Pose to be the first and to date only system qualified under the AIT program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point