OSI systems to be built on Mississippi Gulf Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
OCEAN SPRINGS — OSI Systems Inc.’s security division, Rapiscan Systems, has received an order from the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) valued at approximately $25 million for multiple units of its Secure 1000 Single Pose advanced checkpoint security screening solution.
The Secure 1000 Single Pose systems will be manufactured at OSI’s facility in Ocean Springs.
The order is the first to be placed under the terms of OSI’s recently awarded, $173-million indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract from the TSA for advanced imaging technology (AIT) solutions.
The Secure 1000 Single Pose uses advanced backscatter technology and proprietary image processing software to rapidly detect potential threats that may be concealed on passengers at aviation checkpoints. Following rigorous testing, TSA selected the Rapiscan Secure 1000 Single Pose to be the first and to date only system qualified under the AIT program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life