Power associations land loans
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that 58 rural utilities and cooperatives in 33 states have been selected to receive $2.4 billion in loans and loan guarantees to build and repair more than 12,000 miles of distribution and transmission lines and make system improvements that will benefit almost 113,000 rural customers.
The borrowers in Mississippi are Singing River Electric Power Association ($48.898 million), Natchez Trace Electric Power Association ($3 million) and South Mississippi Electric Power Association ($62.903 million).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015