Power associations land loans
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that 58 rural utilities and cooperatives in 33 states have been selected to receive $2.4 billion in loans and loan guarantees to build and repair more than 12,000 miles of distribution and transmission lines and make system improvements that will benefit almost 113,000 rural customers.
The borrowers in Mississippi are Singing River Electric Power Association ($48.898 million), Natchez Trace Electric Power Association ($3 million) and South Mississippi Electric Power Association ($62.903 million).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition