SemiSouth product adopted by electronics company
STARKVILLE — SemiSouth Laboratories, an innovator in silicon carbide (SiC) power devices, announced that its breakthrough product, a highly efficient, normally-off SiC JFET, has been adopted for the first time by a consumer electronics company for use in a new audiophile-quality power amplifier.
The new J2 Power Amplifier, designed by audio innovator Nelson Pass for First Watt, a high-quality amplifier specialist, features SemiSouth’s SJEP120R100.
SemiSouth believes this is the first SiC transistor to enter production in the audio amplifier market.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces