Stein Mart supporting Komen for the Cure
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Stein Mart is supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever by donating one percent of total store sales nationwide from October 16-18, 2009 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $100,000.
“We felt it was important to support awareness of a disease that affects so many people,” said Stein Mart chairman Jay Stein. “We are honored to partner with and support Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. The work they are doing to bring awareness to and discover the cures for breast cancer is truly remarkable.”
From a single store in Greenville in the early 1900s, Stein Mart has expanded to more then 280 stores in 31 states. A Greenville native, Jay Stein, is the grandson of the founder, Sam Stein.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation