Stein Mart supporting Komen for the Cure
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Stein Mart is supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever by donating one percent of total store sales nationwide from October 16-18, 2009 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $100,000.
“We felt it was important to support awareness of a disease that affects so many people,” said Stein Mart chairman Jay Stein. “We are honored to partner with and support Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. The work they are doing to bring awareness to and discover the cures for breast cancer is truly remarkable.”
From a single store in Greenville in the early 1900s, Stein Mart has expanded to more then 280 stores in 31 states. A Greenville native, Jay Stein, is the grandson of the founder, Sam Stein.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity