Stein Mart supporting Komen for the Cure
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Stein Mart is supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever by donating one percent of total store sales nationwide from October 16-18, 2009 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $100,000.
“We felt it was important to support awareness of a disease that affects so many people,” said Stein Mart chairman Jay Stein. “We are honored to partner with and support Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. The work they are doing to bring awareness to and discover the cures for breast cancer is truly remarkable.”
From a single store in Greenville in the early 1900s, Stein Mart has expanded to more then 280 stores in 31 states. A Greenville native, Jay Stein, is the grandson of the founder, Sam Stein.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics