Stein Mart supporting Komen for the Cure
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Stein Mart is supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever by donating one percent of total store sales nationwide from October 16-18, 2009 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $100,000.
“We felt it was important to support awareness of a disease that affects so many people,” said Stein Mart chairman Jay Stein. “We are honored to partner with and support Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. The work they are doing to bring awareness to and discover the cures for breast cancer is truly remarkable.”
From a single store in Greenville in the early 1900s, Stein Mart has expanded to more then 280 stores in 31 states. A Greenville native, Jay Stein, is the grandson of the founder, Sam Stein.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county