USM faculty members honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
Four veteran members of the University of Southern Mississippi’s faculty noted for their outstanding records of service, scholarship and leadership have earned the designation of University Distinguished Professor for 2009. The recipients include (from left): Dr. Chang-Tseh Hsieh, the McCarty Distinguished Professor of Management Information Systems; Dr. Frances Karnes, professor of gifted education and director of the Frances Karnes Center for Gifted Studies; Dr. Philip Kolin, professor of English and first Charles W. Moorman Distinguished Professor in the Humanities; and, Dr. Frank Moore, professor and chairman of the Department of Biology and 2009 University Grand Marshal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term