USM faculty members honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
Four veteran members of the University of Southern Mississippi’s faculty noted for their outstanding records of service, scholarship and leadership have earned the designation of University Distinguished Professor for 2009. The recipients include (from left): Dr. Chang-Tseh Hsieh, the McCarty Distinguished Professor of Management Information Systems; Dr. Frances Karnes, professor of gifted education and director of the Frances Karnes Center for Gifted Studies; Dr. Philip Kolin, professor of English and first Charles W. Moorman Distinguished Professor in the Humanities; and, Dr. Frank Moore, professor and chairman of the Department of Biology and 2009 University Grand Marshal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip