USM faculty members honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
Four veteran members of the University of Southern Mississippi’s faculty noted for their outstanding records of service, scholarship and leadership have earned the designation of University Distinguished Professor for 2009. The recipients include (from left): Dr. Chang-Tseh Hsieh, the McCarty Distinguished Professor of Management Information Systems; Dr. Frances Karnes, professor of gifted education and director of the Frances Karnes Center for Gifted Studies; Dr. Philip Kolin, professor of English and first Charles W. Moorman Distinguished Professor in the Humanities; and, Dr. Frank Moore, professor and chairman of the Department of Biology and 2009 University Grand Marshal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs