USM faculty members honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
Four veteran members of the University of Southern Mississippi’s faculty noted for their outstanding records of service, scholarship and leadership have earned the designation of University Distinguished Professor for 2009. The recipients include (from left): Dr. Chang-Tseh Hsieh, the McCarty Distinguished Professor of Management Information Systems; Dr. Frances Karnes, professor of gifted education and director of the Frances Karnes Center for Gifted Studies; Dr. Philip Kolin, professor of English and first Charles W. Moorman Distinguished Professor in the Humanities; and, Dr. Frank Moore, professor and chairman of the Department of Biology and 2009 University Grand Marshal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast