Villanueva wins HENAAC Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 12,2009
Evelyn Villanueva, a research geologist in Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, was named among the USACE winners of the HENAAC award. HENAAC, established in 1989, strives to identify, honor and document the contributions of outstanding Hispanic Americans in the fields of science, engineering, technology and math.
Villanueva works in the Engineering Geology and Geophysics Branch of the Geosciences and Structures Division. She has a bachelor’s in geology from the University of Puerto Rico in Mayaguez and a master’s in geosciences from Mississippi State University.
Currently, Villanueva is the principal investigator of the Breaching Mechanics for Embankment Dams under the Dam Risk Focus Area, conducting research in overtopping models of earthen structures to determine their suitability for USACE application, and is also the principal investigator of the Gravel Study of the Lower Mississippi River. She has been instrumental in the organization and execution of ERDC’s recruiting partnership with UPRM.
Villanueva is married to Dr. Guillermo Riveros, who works in ERDC’s Information Technology Laboratory, and has two children, Stephanie and Michael.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option